Monday 25 May 2009

Busy weekend

I can't believe it is Monday already! Because it's been Bank Holiday, it still seems like Sunday to me. We've managed to cram so much in!

On Saturday, we went to Chessington. We very nearly didn't make it after H and I had an argument but we got there in the end. Cara had a fabulous time for the most part. There was one or two rides she didn't like (Professor Burp's Bubble Works being one of them!) but she fell in love with a dragon:


















and came away as a lion!



















Yesterday we spent the morning at a local boot fair, where she got lots of 'new' toys at bargain prices. We then spent the afternoon in the garden, where she played for three hours with two of her cousins. I think much fun was had by all - especially when we painted hands and feet on a large sheet of rolled out paper!

Today, we went to the beach. As a child, we spent every weekend camping at Romney Marsh. We used to come home from school on a Friday, get straight in the car and we'd be off. We would go with my aunt and uncle and several cousins and we would just have a fantastic time. My memories are full of our camping trips. As an adult, we've made a few trips back down that way, but this was the first time we'd taken Cara. When we got there it was raining and really blowing. We walked along the beach, but she really didn't like it.














We went into the amusements instead and as soon as she saw the soft play area, she was off.



















It gave the weather a chance to brighten up a little, which then meant we could go on some rides.
























































She then decided she wanted to go back on the beach and build a sandcastle, but when we got back there, the tide had come right in and there wasn't a single bit of sand in sight. She wasn't too pleased!




















We ended up driving down the road, but all that was there were pebbles. We ended up bringing a bucket full home so she could paint them!



















I think a return trip very soon may be on the cards!



















I was going to post my Sew, Mama Sew Giveaway this evening as I'm so worried about missing the deadline (I can't work out time differences and want to make sure I've posted it by the time I should!) but the two hour season finale of 24 starts in 8 minutes and I don't want to miss that! So, come back tomorrow for the giveaway. I have three things that will be up for grabs!

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment