Wednesday 22 April 2009

Manic week...and it's only Wednesday!

I returned to work on Monday after my lovely two weeks off and it's been a bit manic since then really!
I tried to start off on a really good foot and started on my pile of marking as soon as I get home. How is it that I can spend two weeks marking and within one day, it is back to being a mountain again? I remember a recent discussion/article saying that teacher;s shouldn't mark in red. At the moment, I am marking in pink. One thing that 'encourages' me to do my marking is if I have a nice pen to do it in. One that feels nice, writes nice and looks nice. At the moment, it's pink (I think the girls' secretly like their work marked in pink as well!)

I also managed to complete two more reversible dresses. I wanted to check the tutorial I wrote and plus I had some lovely fabric that I just couldn't resist.
I made this one in a one year size:

reversing to:
(I've only just discovered the Katie Jump Rope fabrics and I must say I love, love, love them!

and I made this one in a two year size:

reversing to:


I made them in different sizes as I was thinking about maybe seeing if someone I know wanted them for their little girls, but now I don't know. I don't really 'know know' them and don't really know how to approach the subject. Cara's pre-school have a summer fair at the end of the year to raise funds for the outdoor area, so maybe I'll see if they want them (and maybe some summer hats?). Or maybe I could do a giveaway on here? So many decisions!

The next good thing happened last night. I joined Weight Watchers last week and I had my first weigh in last night. I wasn't overly hopeful, but I lost 6 and a half pounds!

Cara went back to pre-school this afternoon and came out clutching this masterpiece.

I love it when she brings home her art work!

Finally, I went to Tesco this morning and look what I found....

I am so excited. I have been waiting for this book for the past month and was so disappointed when they put the publication date from the end of March till tomorrow. So...I'm off to bed to snuggle up with Jack Reacher.


Oh...and on a final note, I have my interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I love those little dresses. It makes me wish I had a little one to dress up again! But alas, 13 year old girls do not want their moms choosing their clothes each morning. Enjoy it!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete