Thursday 23 July 2009

Day 1

One reason I decided to start this blog was because throughout 2007 and 2008 I did a Photo A Day project where I took a photo each day - I missed 33 days towards the end of 2007 when I just lost my focus and enthusiasm, but I managed it fully in 2008. At the beginning of 2009, I started the project, but soon lost my love of it and so gave up. What I did miss however was the diary element of it. I love looking back over my photos and seeing what I/we were doing this time last year and then two years ago. I started this blog to help me get that 'diary' feeling.

I know I've been a bit slack lately, but I decided that for the summer holiday, I'm going to get back into that photo a day and blog about it...and then see where it leads after the break.

So...day 1. Today started at 4.50am. Urghhh. By 9 o'clock, I was wishing I was back at work. We soldiered on though and then came 10.40am and an appointment at the doctor's. Cara had to have her last childhood vaccination until she reaches her teenage years - I say 'last', but it was infact two - one in each arm.

Was she brave. Not a bit. She sobbed. She moaned. She whimpered. After about half an hour of crying on the settee and squealing every time she moved a millimetre, I carried up to watch TV while laying on our bed. "Can you sit me up please?" she asked in the most pathetic half a voice she could manage. "Of course I can sweethear" I told her in my best Florence Nightinglae voice. "Be ever so careful" she sobbed. If there had been an award for 'best over-acting' I think she may have been in with a good chance of winning it! Half an hour later it was all forgotten about and not a word has been said since.

1 comment:

  1. M was just the same when she had hers. Oh dear, let's hope she has forgotten all about it now?

    Also, you never know, she may be up for an Oscar in a few years with a performance like that? xx

    ReplyDelete