Sunday 2 January 2011

Story time

One of the things over there on my list for 2011 is to read more books. I love reading, but just don't allow myself enough time for it (which I should now, as the husband kindly got me a lovely swish Kindle for Christmas).

No matter what I do, I can't interest Cara in reading at all. She has always been the child who does things in her own time and not a moment before. She didn't give up breast feeding till she was ready. She didn't start speaking till she was ready. I'm hoping one day - when she is ready - she will sleep the entire night in her own bed!

Anyway - in an attempt to encourage her a little more, I've decided that bedtime stories are going to be actual stories - something which we can read a chapter each night from. So, we trundled off to the library last week and came away with several Rainbow Fairy books. So far, she seems to be enjoying them. She is asking for more than one chapter each evening and has also started asking if we can read it during the day too. I've already started gently saying that when she learns to read, she will be able to read them herself. I can't see this happening anytime soon though - I think she enjoys listening while she is drawing or writing!

So - does 'Pippa: the Poppy Fairy' count as one of my books??

No comments:

Post a Comment