Wednesday 14 July 2010

We had a lovely impromptu swim

When we got home, Cara went and knocked for her friend, who it turned out, wasn't in. She started to get upset, so we played a game together and then I asked her if she wanted to go swimming. She did. So off we went. It was totally spur of the moment and was lovely. We played and swam - she swam all the way from the edge to the middle of the pool where the lane divider thing is, all by herself - no float, no noodle, nothing. Just her little arms! I would say it's about 3 metres or so - she kept coming up for air and then just kept going - I was so so proud of her.

When we got out, she handed her noodle in and the man said he'd watched her and she had done really well. She then said to me, "can I have a sticker when we get in?"

On the down side of things, the husband has one more day at work and then that's it. Looks like we'll be looking for a job for him.

1 comment:

  1. Spur of the moment plans are often the most fun aren't they. Cara did realy well and wasn't it nice of the man to praise her achievements. I trust she got her sticker.

    X X

    ReplyDelete