Saturday, 28 February 2009

Batteries charged!

I finished these two projects last weekend, but when I went to take a photo, the batteries on both my cameras needed recharging. So, that done, here they are.

The skirt is made using Simplicity 9854. I decided to adapt the pattern slightly - I added the applique and the trim to the bottom of one side and then made it reversible. It's a bit too long for Cara at the moment (oops) and so will probably be put away for a while till it fits her (possibly a few years!)

The fabric on the second side is Amy Butler's Full Moon Polka Dot in Tangerine. I am absolutely in love with the pattern and have it in a number of other colours!

I love the combination of the orange with the Polka Dot and made a tote bag using the same two fabrics. However - a certain small person decided she wanted it, so I haven't been able to photo it as she took it to Nanny's house and that is where it still is.

After that bag was 'stolen' I then made the one below. I used this tutorial -
Fantastic and so easy to follow. I think the possibilities with fabric and bias combinations are endless. I already have another cut out ready to sew (using another Amy Butler Polka Dot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment